The Bedford County Courthouse is the oldest PA Courthouse in use today
The Courthouse was built in 1829.
The Man on the Monument was built in 1888 to honor PA volunteers that served in the Civil War.
It was funded mainly by the pennies of the schoolchildren of Bedford County.
Erected in the center of the intersection of Penn and Juliana Streets, it was moved to the lawn in the square in1957 due to increasing traffic.
Bedford County has one of the oldest standing Courthouse in use today